Suzuki Myers offers language instruction in both English and Japanese. Lesson content is tailored to the needs of the client; our teachers create a program of instruction to enable students to effectively achieve their goals. We offer individual instruction as well as instruction to groups of two or more, and we can provide in-home instruction for clients with small children. Please let us know if you would like to meet your instructor at the library, a coffeeshop, or some other location. You can let us know what you prefer by clicking here or by contacting us by phone or e-mail.
English Language Instruction
- From children to businessmen, U.S. native speakers of English provide instruction suited to the level of the client.
- All of our English language instructors have ESL certification.
- Lessons are conducted entirely in English, though some of our instructors speak Japanese.
Japanese language instruction
- We offer instruction in Japanese as a foreign language.
- Japanese language instruction is targeted to those who are going to stay in Japan for a period of time for business, those who work with Japanese speakers/students, and those who simply would like to learn Japanese. Classes are taught by native speakers of Japanese.
- All of our Japanese language instructors are accomplished teachers.
- Please include the following when requesting instruction: days and times when you are available, where you would like to have instruction (in some cases we can provide in-home instruction), and your level of language ability.
- Please also let us know if there are specific areas of the language you would like to focus on.
Instructor assigned, client notified
- We will assign an instructor who can meet your needs and goals.
- Once your instruction agreement is signed, your lessons may begin.
Once lessons have begun
Rescheduling or cancelling lessons
- When rescheduling or cancelling a lesson, please notify us no later than 24 hours before the start of the lesson.
- A cancellation fee of 100% will apply when a lesson is cancelled within 24 hours prior to the start of a lesson. When rescheduling or cancelling a lesson, you may contact your instructor directly or contact us by phone: 248-344-0909.
- Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Requests for rescheduling or cancelling lessons must be made during business hours. If you are rescheduling or cancelling a lesson more than 24 hours prior to the start of a lesson, please call our office or contact our Education Manager by e-mail.
- There is no initial enrollment fee.
- An invoice will be sent to you at the beginning of the month for the number of classes you are scheduled take that month. You do not need to contact your instructor concerning payment.
- Please pay by cash, check, or credit card. If you need an invoice or a receipt, we will provide one.
- There is no official process for withdrawal from a course. You need only let us know as soon as possible when you plan to stop receiving instruction.